Food Distribution Manager Job Opening
About the Position
The FLH Food Distribution Manager reports to and works with the Executive Director in collaboration with other members of the leadership team to serve our neighbors who live on fixed, limited or low incomes and provide resources to address their physical, educational and spiritual needs. The Food Distribution Manager leads the ministry program that provides food on a monthly basis for over 500 people.
Tuesdays – 9:30-5:00
Flexibility to switch Thursday hours to Sat/Sun to receive food drive donations
- Exhibit the love, compassion, and servant leadership of Christ in all situations.
- Learn the mission and organization of Feed Lake Highlands and connections
with Lake Highlands United Methodist Church and Outreach Ministry.
- Grow in knowledge of food insecurity and poverty in order to better understand
the living conditions of our program members. Participate in the Cost of Poverty Experience (“COPE”) semi-annually to raise awareness and understanding of poverty and hunger in the neighborhood.
- Manage volunteer team during donation drop-off and food organization on Tuesdays.
- Manage the volunteer team on Wednesdays during prep time and food distribution with an emphasis on circle time and communication.
- Assess the movement of food on the floor during distribution and coordinate distribution of leftover food on Thursdays.
- Recruit, train, and equip new volunteers for ministry and foster teamwork. Manage the volunteer Sign Up Genius.
- Coordinate driver schedules and vehicle maintenance.
- Communicate stories and events through Instagram, Facebook, Blogging, etc.
- Coordinate food drives and strengthens relationships with community groups and
- Perform administrative tasks as needed:
- Maintain database records of those served in IRIS and in Google Drive using Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Keep current records as required by the Food & Drug Administration and the North Texas Food Bank.
- Register new members,
- Communicate with our food hub, Sharing Life,
- Devise and manage systems to track volunteer hours, member schedules,
the program waitlist, COVID statistics, and quantity of food distributed. This is done in IRIS and Google Drive using Google Docs, and Google Sheets,
- Calculate weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics as needed.
- Update IRIS database and program member lists,
- File monthly report with our food hub, Sharing Life
- Write and send monthly team emails
- Assist with fund-raising activities and provide support as needed.
Future growth plan includes:
- Add service on the 2nd Wednesday of each month;
- Establish food co-ops in apartment communities where residents come together to order, pick up, and distribute food purchased by Feed Lake Highlands.
- Strong faith and outward display of personal relationship with Jesus.
- Passion for serving the physically, mentally, socially and spiritually poor.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, detail oriented, and strong collaborator.
- Flexibility, versatility and tolerance in a changing work environment.
- Effective communicator and willingness to speak to a group.
- Strong administrative, leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.