Ministry Assistant Job Opening
About the Position
The FLH Ministry Assistant reports to and works with the Executive Director in collaboration with other members of the leadership team to serve our neighbors who live on fixed, limited or low incomes and provide resources to address their physical, educational and spiritual needs. The Assistant is responsible for providing support for the Director, fostering relationships with our board of directors and community partners, and strengthening our programs and impact in the community.
Thursdays - 9:30-5:30
- Exhibit the love, compassion, and servant leadership of Christ in all situations.
- Learn the mission and organization of Feed Lake Highlands and connections
with Lake Highlands United Methodist Church and Outreach Ministry.
- Grow in knowledge of food insecurity and poverty in order to better understand
the living conditions of our program members. Participate in the Cost of Poverty Experience (“COPE”) semi-annually to raise awareness and understanding of poverty and hunger in the neighborhood.
- Strengthen and strategize after-school programming for the children of program members.
- Provide encouragement and support for the book mobile ministry.
- Recruit, train, and equip new volunteers for ministry and foster teamwork.
- Communicate stories and events through Instagram, Facebook, Blogging, etc.
- Provide administrative and marketing assistance for:
- Summer camp: registration, transportation, forms, spreadsheets
- Annie’s Kids/ Jingle Ride
- North Texas Giving Day
- Topgolf Tournament
- Lemonade Day
- Restaurant Give Back nights
- Communicate clearly and lovingly with volunteers, church staff & members,
donors, program members, community groups, local businesses, and the community to coordinate service opportunities and events, including:
- Answer volunteer inquiries,
- Send weekly volunteer emails with FLH news and volunteer opportunities,
- Design email blasts to FLH supporters using MailChimp,
- Communicate FLH events, needs, and news to Communications staff at
LHUMC as well as LHUMC pastors & discipleship coordinator,
- Post on Facebook- events, needs, news, and thank you’s,
- Assist with donation records and tax receipts as requested,
- Write thank-you notes.
- Engage and participate in the budgeting process and the planning and executing of funding activities.
- Attend internal and external meetings as requested.
- Strong faith and outward display of personal relationship with Jesus.
- Passion for serving the physically, mentally, socially and spiritually poor.
- Self-motivated results-driven, detail oriented, and strong collaborator.
- Flexibility, versatility and tolerance in a changing work environment.
- Effective communicator and willingness to speak to a group.
- Strong administrative, leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.